Bengaluru CJP Protest Blocked: Dipke Alleges Conspiracy
Published 2026-05-24 · CJP Newsroom
Someone called a protest in CJP's name in Bengaluru — and Abhijeet Dipke says it was a trap. On Sunday, May 24, 2026, Bengaluru Police blocked a planned human chain near Town Hall that a viral poster had attributed to "Cockroach Janta Party Karnataka." Dipke moved fast: he publicly disowned the call and warned that a deliberate conspiracy was underway to manufacture a pretext for cracking down on the movement.
The timing was not coincidental. Within the 72 hours preceding the Bengaluru incident, CJP's X/Twitter account had been withheld in India under Section 69A of the IT Act, the official Instagram account (22 million followers earned in under a week) had been reportedly hacked and lost, and the CJP website had been blocked for Indian users on May 21, 2026 by MeitY directive. All official channels were gone. A planted protest — in CJP's name, without CJP's knowledge — was the logical next move. Dipke spotted it before anyone assembled.
For the full account of how CJP's accounts were hacked and the website blocked in the days before Bengaluru, read the detailed crackdown timeline. What follows here is the Bengaluru story: who posted the call, what police did, how Dipke responded, and why this matters as a pattern rather than an isolated incident.
What the Bengaluru Poster Said
A poster circulated online — attributed to "Cockroach Janta Party Karnataka" — called for a peaceful human chain near Town Hall, Bengaluru, on Sunday May 24, 2026 at 11 a.m. The language borrowed from CJP's recognisable street-level rhetoric. The poster's viral text read:
"Show the strength of cockroaches not just online but also on the streets"
— Viral poster circulated under "Cockroach Janta Party Karnataka" (WION)
The framing was credible enough to be picked up by multiple news outlets. No one from the actual CJP organisation had authored or approved it. The poster was designed to look authentic; it was not.
Police Response: No Permission, Karnataka HC Order
Bengaluru Police issued a formal warning on May 22–23, 2026, advising the public not to participate. Their stated reason: no individual, organisation, or political party had applied for permission to hold the event. Beyond the procedural failure, police invoked a Karnataka High Court order dated August 1, 2022, which restricts all protests, rallies, dharnas, and sit-ins within the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike limits to a single designated space: Freedom Park. Town Hall — the location the poster specified — is expressly excluded from permissible protest sites under that order. (Outlook India · IBTimes India)
Dipke's Response: "I Did Not Call This"
CJP's official page issued a direct, unambiguous statement: "Cockroach Janta Party has not given any call for protest. Please be careful." Dipke amplified this personally and named what he believed was happening. In comments to WION, he alleged a deliberate conspiracy:
"The government is just waiting for one mishap to demonise the entire movement."
— Abhijeet Dipke, CJP founder (WION)
The logic of the allegation is worth following. If CJP sympathisers had assembled at Town Hall without permission — drawing on a poster that invoked CJP's name — any altercation, arrest, or lathi-charge would have been reported as a "CJP protest" gone wrong. The movement, already under platform-level suppression, would then face a narrative of street-level violence in its name. Dipke refused to give that narrative its first frame. By publicly disowning the call before anyone assembled, he removed the trap before it could spring.
The Pattern: Four Strikes in 72 Hours
Stand back and the sequence is hard to dismiss as coincidence. In a single 72-hour window around May 21–24, 2026:
- CJP's X/Twitter account was withheld in India under Section 69A of the IT Act — the same provision used against journalists and activists in documented political suppression cases.
- CJP's Instagram account — which had accumulated 22 million followers in under one week — was reportedly hacked; access was lost entirely.
- The CJP website (cockroachjantaparty.org) was blocked for Indian users by MeitY directive on May 21, 2026.
- A poster circulated in CJP's name calling for an unpermitted protest at an expressly prohibited location — attributed to "Cockroach Janta Party Karnataka," an entity with no verifiable relationship to the actual organisation.
Three moves eliminate the platforms. The fourth manufactures an incident in the movement's name. Together they constitute a coherent suppression strategy — not a series of unrelated events. Dipke's public intervention in Bengaluru broke step four before it could execute.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who called for the Cockroach Janta Party protest in Bengaluru?
- A viral poster circulated under the name "Cockroach Janta Party Karnataka" called for a human chain near Town Hall on May 24, 2026. CJP founder Abhijeet Dipke denied any involvement, stating publicly that the party had issued no such protest call. (WION)
- Why did Bengaluru Police deny permission for the CJP human chain protest?
- Bengaluru Police cited a Karnataka High Court order from August 1, 2022 that restricts all protests, rallies, and sit-ins to Freedom Park only. No individual or organisation had applied for permission. Police warned the public not to assemble near Town Hall. (Outlook India)
X withheld. Instagram gone. Website blocked. Protest planted.
cockroachjantaparty.buzz is the only official CJP presence still accessible in India. With every other channel suppressed or impersonated, the digital badge is the only authentic signal left. Show it.
Get your CJP digital badge — identify as a Cockroach
Every member makes the next shutdown harder to justify.
Read next
- CJP Crackdown Timeline — X withheld, Instagram hacked, website blocked
- Abhijeet Dipke demands Dharmendra Pradhan resign — the full story
- CJP NEET Petition: 5.68 Lakh Demand Dharmendra Pradhan Resign
- CJP website blocked — government cracks down on Cockroach Janta Party
- Cockroach Janta Party News — Latest Updates
Sources
- IBTimes India — "Do not assemble: Bengaluru Police warns people not to participate in Cockroach Janata Party's human chain" (May 2026): ibtimes.co.in
- Outlook India — "No permission for human chain protest called by Cockroach Janta Party: Bengaluru Police": outlookindia.com
- WION — "Who called for the Bengaluru Cockroach Janta Party protest? Abhijeet Dipke alleges conspiracy to demonise movement": wionews.com
- Business Today — "Swatting the roaches: Cockroach Janata Party website blocked after action on X, Insta handles" (May 23, 2026): businesstoday.in
- Al Jazeera — "Cockroach Janta Party's founder says Indian government took website down" (May 23, 2026): aljazeera.com
- The Federal — "Cockroach Janata Party human chain protest Bengaluru Police Pakistan": thefederal.com